We spoke to several parents whose kids are
- Looking for Internships
- Kids internship got cancelled
- Parents are a bit unsure what the kids might do this summer?
This triggered a curated search to evaluate if there were resources we could gather for the Students or their Parents to look into.
- Just a simple Google Search on “Internship Cancelled” led us to
Looks like 3 engineers put their minds together to crowdsource the gathering of Internship availability. It could be a good place to research and apply.
- Keyword Search around Volunteering led us to some articles
Researching the same topic through the Forbes article –
We came across – https://teensgive.org/
It is a good site for students to volunteer and teach online. This could definitely be a good way to spend your summer.
- Keyword search around Virtual Internships
Another website that got some high ranking in Google for Remote Internships was –
- We found another site called Symba while looking for Virtual Internships.
NOTE – We are also connected to the CEO of Symba.io on LinkedIn. We will soon reach out to her about an Interview with CareerUnleashed. But for now, we wanted to list them in our blog.
Symba.io has created a platform which will help companies run an Internship program. More companies sign up with them and more opportunities will get created for remote internships.
They also have some good blog stories you can read about.
- Remote working research led us to We work remotely – WWR
Another website we found interesting was – https://weworkremotely.com/remote-contract-jobs#job-listings
This one is not just for Internships but for all companies hiring remotely. And within that they have a section for part time or contract jobs. Could be an interesting website to check out.
- We also performed a quick search with keywords “remote internship” and received several results. Below is one through Indeed.com
Hope some of these sites give you an opportunity to intern with a company.
Do register with us and stay in touch. We will keep curating more data on this and other topics.
P.S. – Another idea is to watch the Venture Capital space! Lots of small companies are getting funded and they need temporary work. Reach out to the CEO of small companies. They will most likely respond, as they still are trying to grow their business.